Scientific study refers to the analysis of a particular problem, model, law, thesis etc. on the basis of scientific approach to build a new representation of that problem. Scientific study helps to have scientific facts which may help us to solve the problems related with the daily life also.
In scientific study firstly observations are made for a particular model, concept, laws to form a hypotheses to predict the problem. The hypotheses after the accurate observations are modified to form the law or model for a problem. The hypotheses may be considered as law further after long observations to eliminate the errors.
The scientific study is basically based on many building blocks or the essential terms:
1) Observations: Observation is the steps of recording the figures or a fact from a experiment through various processes to formulate the hypotheses or a law. The observation is the basis of any scientific study.
2) Facts: Fact is a information about conditions which are real or actions which have been occurred. Facts are formed after long processing of the observations of a experiment.
3) Concepts: Concept is a summary or general idea comes out of many observations. The concepts may be based on facts which are evolved after along observations. The concepts are formulated on the basis of certain measurement and laws or other things too.
4) Constructs: Construct is a proposal created by linking thoughts, opinion and concepts. The construct may be used to make a mathematical solution of a problem.
5) Definitions: Definition is mean to describe or explain the criteria or words or phenomenon. Definition is a way to express the meaning of some phenomenon or a instrument or other object too.
6) Variables: Variables are the unknowns taken in a mathematical expression. The expression is solved to get values of the variables. They may be used to represent a variable figure or variable quantity.
7) Problems: Problems represent a difficulty which has to be solved on the basis of certain facts, concepts, constructs, observations. Problem is considered to be the source for the whole experiments. It is the thing which is solved by conducting a experiment.
8) Hypotheses: Hypotheses is way to form a proposal explain facts. It is based on many observations. Hypotheses are formed to explain the phenomenon. Hypotheses are formed by processing many observations.
9) Laws: Laws are considered as a legal source to formulate rules. A law is a set of hypotheses which are established and everybody accept it as rules without any error. Laws are valid in nature like Newton’s Laws of Motion. Laws are referred to show the legal things which are true in nature.
10) Theories: Theories are explanation of several aspects of natural world. Theories are accepted knowledge in various situation to explain various condition of phenomenon like the Big Bang Theory.
11) Models: A model is a representation of difficult entity or phenomenon. A model is a theoretical demonstration of some phenomenon or process. The model is used to describe the nature of the observations.
The scientific study is conducted basically to solve a particular problem. The observations which are being made are used to solve the problem without any errors. Thus solution of the problem that may be a law or model must be error free.
The observations we make during the scientific study are being used to formulate hypotheses or facts. The facts or hypotheses are being organized to form the theories, laws, models etc. The hypotheses are used to calculate the new fact or interpretation.
The definitions are the building blocks which are being utilized to describe a problem, model etc. The hypotheses, laws, models etc. are being based on certain mathematical concepts or relations. These concepts or relations are based on many variables which are being solved to form the solution for any scientific study.
Theories are also depended on the observations or facts which are processed for the result of the experiments. The theories, laws , models are different things but comes out after the processing the facts and observations. Laws are legal and can be taken as rules while theories can be taken as assumptions. Models are just the description of the processes which are in nature but are not visible like Bohr’s Model in Chemistry.
The scientific study can be considered as the process which is based on many building blocks like laws, theories, models etc. These building blocks are distinct in nature but are mutually dependent on each other in a experiment.