Networks are the arteries of modern business and are vital for sharing information and communication both inside and outside the organization. In today’s fast-changing and often risky business environment, it is critical for IT to effectively secure systems – a process that is both costly and time-consuming. At the same time, IT managers are expected to enhance worker productivity and implement new technologies that drive competitive advantage for the business.
This project describes how, by adopting an organized approach to security, IT managers will spend less time cleaning up messes and more time helping their organization meet its goals.
This project will also look at some history of networking, as well as an introduction to TCP/IP and internetworking. We go on to consider risk management, network threats, firewalls, and more special-purpose secure networking devices. This will help me to identify and evaluate the network security needs of the company in question.
1. Research and evaluate network security considering methods that could be used to protect corporate systems
2. Research and evaluate network systems strategy and evaluate the company’s systems against current best practices
3. Review current company policy and procedures
4. Analyze, design and develop methodology to improve network security within the company.
5. Produce set of recommendations based on the methodology to improve the company’s network security.
6. Evaluation of the project and the application of the research
7. Produce a dissertation.
Availability of the sponsors or any other constraints you might envisage.
Access to network security materials, books and journals
To the sponsor
Keep in contact via e-mail with University supervisor